Invisalign in Santa Clara CA
Invisalign is a patented teeth straightening system using clear plastic aligners to guide your teeth gently into proper alignment. These clear braces are now the most popular teeth straightening option due to their comfort and virtual invisibility. While metal braces are distracting, irritating to the gums and lips, and unsightly, Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable, sleek, and nearly invisible.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Unlike traditional braces, which try to force your teeth into alignment, clear aligners guide the teeth into their proper places by switching to a new set of aligners every few weeks. Invisalign uses a series of aligners worn over your teeth for 20-22 hours daily. The aligners gently shift your teeth into their new positions over time.
We create your aligners using 3D imaging technology, expertise, and Invisalign training. Each aligner is custom crafted to fit over your teeth snugly without bulk or sharp edges. Patients are encouraged to wear their new aligners day and night, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.You replace your current aligner every few weeks with a new one. Each Invisalign aligner is a step toward straighter teeth. Every six weeks, we check the progress of your Invisalign treatment and make any needed adjustments for optimal results. Typical Invisalign treatment takes between nine and 15 months, using between 18 and 30 individual aligners.
To learn more about how Invisalign works, please check out our Invisalign videos.
Advantages of Invisalign Over Metal Braces
- You can eat and drink anything you like without worrying about debris getting stuck in your teeth or broken wires.
- You can get your teeth straightened without feeling self-conscious about the appearance of wires, brackets, or retainers.
- Your teeth stay cleaner and healthier than with metal braces. Many patients with metal braces end up with permanent teeth stains. It is almost impossible to clean around brackets and wires. With Invisalign, you simply pop out the aligner, brush, and floss as usual.
- There are no broken brackets or snapped wires to worry about.
- Invisalign aligners have no sharp edges to irritate your gums.
- No painful wire tightening appointments.
- You can remove your clear aligners for special occasions such as weddings, work presentations, or celebrations.
- Fewer dental visits than with traditional braces
- Beautiful, predictable results
You can learn more about the advantages of Invisalign clear aligners by making an appointment for a complete evaluation. Invisalign is the clear choice for most patients with mild to moderate misalignment.
Dr. Chao advocates the effective, comfortable results gained with Invisalign clear aligners. They would love to discuss your options for a straighter smile. Give us a call at Chao Dental Studio Office Phone Number 408-554-1100 or use our simple online form.